In our household, Thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays. And I think we can all agree that the best part about Thanksgiving is the delicious food!
But for us, Thanksgiving is more than just the fourth Thursday of November — it’s not like a giant bird stuffed with bread is your average weeknight meal, so we really go all out and make sure there will be plenty of leftovers to extend our Thanksgiving feast into the following week.
But year after year, the same questions always arise: How will all of this fit in the refrigerator? How can our family members take home leftovers of their own? Nobody has enough Tupperware for this! Fear not.
This Thanksgiving Casserole combines all of your holiday leftovers (minus the pie. Not that there should ever be leftover pie.) into one delicious dish! Gone are the days of refrigerators being as overstuffed as your family, and the need for “creative” Tupperware solutions (I knew we were saving those old peanut butter jars for something… I just didn’t know it would be for mashed potatoes).
This casserole is super easy to assemble, so you can throw it together at the end of the night before everyone goes home to slip into their food coma — all you’ll need are your leftovers, some shredded cheese, and a little bit of mayonnaise.
Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey. For super moist turkey, you can check out a few tips here. Click here for my Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, your favorite mashed potatoes and cheese in a large bowl. Evenly spread over the last layer, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries. If you are using our family’s stuffing, note that it does already contain dried cranberries, so you probably won’t need the extra. Though they do look pretty atop the final product :)
Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (about 1 lb.)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, your favorite mashed potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread over the last layer, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries. If you are using our family’s stuffing, note that it does already contain dried cranberries, so you probably won’t need the extra. Though they do look pretty atop the final dish :)
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Recipe source: Hellman's Turkey Casserole
Tags: Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole, Leftovers, Holiday, Thanksgiving, Casserole, Easy Recipe, Mayonnaise, Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes
And in the spirit of giving, you can also win prizes!
Love Your Leftovers
The holidays are full of love, laughter and lots and lots of food. Albertsons/Safeway understands you spend a lot of time and money preparing for those big meals, and that it’s important to make the most of every meal. Save on Best Foods/Hellmann’s at Albertsons and Safeway, your one stop shop for all the ingredients to make the creamiest leftover turkey casserole. Check your weekly ad starting on November 16th for details.
- Check your weekly ad for savings on Thanksgiving favorites when you buy Best Foods® Mayonnaise.
- The Love Your Leftovers Instagram Sweepstakes will be starting on 11/26/2015. Click here for official rules.
- To enter, snap a picture of your Thanksgiving leftovers and post to Instagram using the hashtag #LYLSweepstakes for your chance to win one of the following Love Your Leftovers Holiday Prize Packs.
Love Your Leftovers Instagram Sweepstakes Prizing:
- (1) Lenox Federal Gold Dinnerware Collection Set (Includes 6 Place Settings; 5 pieces per setting)
1st Place Prize
- (1) Kitchen Aid Mixer
- (1) $100.00 Safeway or Albertsons Gift Card
2nd Place Prize
- (1) Victorinox Swiss Army 3 Piece Cheese Knife Set
- (1) Madera Cheese Board with Glass Dome Set
- (1) $150.00 Safeway or Albertsons Gift Card
47 Other Winners
- (1) Large French Vanilla (Best Seller) Yankee Candle
- (1) $50.00 Safeway or Albertsons Gift Card