Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Recently, Don and I were watching a movie. Have you seen the movie You're Not You with Hilary Swank and cutie patootie Josh Duhamel? What an emotional flick! I bawled like a baby! Definitely check it out if you need a good cry.
Anywho, we were watching the movie when Don's sweet tooth started to act up, as it always does at that time of night! His buddy left a Snickers candy bar in Don's lunch box that very day, and Don was thinking of eating it! I didn't want him to be a candy bar thief, and more importantly, I didn't want him to eat a Snickers in front of me when I've sworn off sugar!! Not cool, honey! Not cool at all! So I asked him if he wanted a smoothie instead... his eyes lit up and he said "Ooooooh!" Mission accomplished! There will be no candy bar eating in this house unless I'm the one eating it!
I had some berries that needed to be used anyway, so I just started tossing them into the blender with an apple and some fat free yogurt for creaminess. I also added a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice to balance out all the sweetness from the berries. After blending to a beautiful purple smoothie, I gave it a little taste, and oh my yumminess, y'all! It was just about as good as it gets! The berries are good on their own, but they make magic when blended together! The tangy sweet taste definitely satisfies a sweet craving, and you can tell how nutritious it is by just looking at it! The deep, rich color screams healthy! Love it!!
It was a little thin for a smoothie, so I added some ice and blended again. The ice did the trick! It made my gorgeous purple concoction a perfectly thick and creamy smoothie. I poured it into one of my Vintage Glass Milk Bottles (love these bottles!!), popped in a straw, and delivered this Very Berry Smoothie to Don, so I could get back to my movie! He loved it so much, I just had to share it with y'all! I hope you enjoy it too.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox - Click here to subscribe
Very Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup fat free french vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield Organic)
- 15 blackberries
- 15 raspberries
- 20 blueberries
- 1 apple, peeled and cored (I used a Fuji apple)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice
- In the pitcher of a blender, combine 1 cup yogurt, 15 blackberries, 15 raspberries, 20 blueberries, 1 peeled and cored apple, and 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice. Blend it well. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again until smooth. Give it a taste to make sure the consistency is to your liking. If you prefer it to thicker, just add more ice until you get your desired consistency.
- TIP: Keep in mind the amounts are exactly how I made this smoothie, but smoothie making is not an exact science, so if you prefer more or less of something, feel free to change it up to suit YOUR tastes.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Tags: Very Berry Smoothie, Nutritious, Berries, Fruit, Yogurt, Sweet, Refreshing, Smoothie, Tasty, Drink
More delicious smoothie recipes to sweeten your summer and keep you refreshed...