Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
I may have mentioned once or twice that my daughter is graduating from college, and we are planning a small get together. Her college graduation is in 11 days, y'all!! Oh my goodness! I don't know how I'm going to get through it! I'm tearing up just thinking about it, so I need to just focus on the food to keep my mind occupied!
Madison's school colors are gold and black, and I thought it would be nice to incorporate some of those colors in the party food. Corn was an obvious choice because of its golden color and then I spotted the black beans on the shelf and knew instantly where I was going with this! I picked up some tomatoes with green chilies to add some spiciness, and I grabbed a lime and some cilantro to add a touch of citrus. The acid in the lime balances out the sweet and spicy nicely.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox - Click here to subscribe
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces frozen corn, thawed (I used a mix of white and yellow corn)
- 1 (10 ounce) can of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Freshly chopped cilantro to taste (I used about 2 tablespoons)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, Combine 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans (drained and rinsed), 15 ounces of frozen corn (thawed), 1 (10 ounce) can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1/4 cup finely diced onion, juice from 1/2 a lime, and about 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro.
- Mix the ingredients together well and give it a taste. Add salt and pepper as needed and adjust any of the other flavors as desired. Transfer to a serving dishand enjoy with chips!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: Corn and Black Bean Salsa, Sweet, Spicy, Recipe, Food, Party, Graduation, Mexican, Appetizer, Salad
Visit my Appetizer page to see more party food I've been cooking up...