This is another delicious appetizer recipe that would be great for a graduation party! You can even use toothpicks in your school colors for a festive display! You may have heard my daughter is graduating from college in just a few short weeks. I'm happy and sad all at the same time - it's so confusing when your emotions conflict like that.
I'm keeping myself busy trying out appetizer recipes for a graduation party. Madison loves Mexican flavors, so this one is definitely a keeper. These Turkey Taco Bites can be sliced and served as a pinwheel appetizer, or they can be served whole as a wrap. I like that kind of versatility. Slicing them will definitely help them go further when you are feeding a crowd, but if you want to enjoy them for a tasty lunch at home, then the wrap is the way to go! However you decide to enjoy them, be sure you have lots of the sauce in which to dip them! Enjoy!!
Turkey Taco Bites
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, drain off excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (or more to taste)
- 6 soft taco size flour tortillas (8" size)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey breast (at least 6 slices)
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine 2/3 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup chunky salsa, and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. Give it a taste and add more taco seasoning if desired.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture onto each tortilla and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Cover with turkey slices. I had large pieces of turkey and used 2 slices per tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, remove saran wrap, slice, and arrange on serving tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to party. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro if desired and serve with remaining sour cream mixture.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: Turkey Taco Bites, #TacoTuesday, Turkey, Appetizer, Easy, Quick, Party, Food, Recipe, Pinwheels
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Turkey Taco Wraps
Check out my Appetizer page for more great party food ideas...