The secret ingredient I use in my Pumpkin Streusel Squares is essential to get all the moist deliciousness. Most don't normally use MIRACLE WHIP Dressing when doing their holiday baking, but I have found it to be a great way to dress up boxed cake mixes and other baked goods. You'll be amazed at the homemade taste of these squares! Here is what you'll need...
Pour the cake mix into a large mixing bowl...
add in 3 eggs lightly beaten...
Add 3/4 cup of MIRACLE WHIP Dressing and one 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree. Mix everything on medium speed until combined.
While the batter is mixing, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until mixed well and set aside.
Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into a parchment lined 13x9" baking dish. Spread to make an even layer.
Top that with 1/2 of the reserved brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and swirl into the batter...
Pour the remaining batter on top of the streusel and spread to an even layer...
Top with the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon streusel mixture and swirl to combine...
That's it! Pop it in the preheated oven for 40 minutes and enjoy the wonderful aroma while it bakes. Allow the cake to cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and enjoy!
For another delicious recipe made with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing you'll definitely want to try this Easy Banana Bread recipe by KRAFT. Check out the Cooking Up Good website for more inspiration. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons, and more! What's not to love?! If you are looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
The next time you are at Walmart, don't forget the MIRACLE WHIP Dressing! You can find it near the mayonnaise. Have you baked with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing before?
Pumpkin Streusel Squares
- 1 (16.5 ounce) box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 13x9" baking dish with parchment paper. TIP: I grease the baking dish with butter and then line it with parchment paper. The butter helps the parchment stay put in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 box Spice Cake Mix, 1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup of MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, and 3 eggs lightly beaten. Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- While the batter is mixing, combine 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon into a small bowl. Mix by hand until combined. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 the cake batter into the parchment lined baking dish and spread to even out. Top with 1/2 the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and swirl to combine with the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter into the baking dish and spread to an even layer. Top with the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and swirl to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the top bounces back when lightly pressed.
- Allow cake to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately. This cake is best served the same day.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Tags: Pumpkin, Streusel, Cake, Squares, Box Cake Mix, Cinnamon, Miracle Whip, Dressing, Dessert, Easy
You might also like my recipe for The Best Coleslaw Ever that uses KRAFT MIRACLE WHIP Dressing