Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce is a little bit dangerous, because once you make this at home you'll never be able to eat Alfredo any other way! NEVER! No jars! No restaurants! Just homemade!
This homemade version of Alfredo Sauce is lick-your-plate clean kinda good! You'll find yourself reaching for some bread to sop up every last drop!
Even better, it is super easy to make and only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish! You can't beat that!
This creamy, garlicky Alfredo sauce with a hint of thyme is delicious over noodles, but also great as a dip for bread. I have even used this as a base for pizza instead of red sauce and wow is it ever good! I haven't found anyone who doesn't love this sauce. Folks even request it when they are coming for dinner.
Add this to your sauce arsenal and you'll find yourself using it in a variety of ways!
It's a good idea to always have easy-to-prepare sauce recipes at your fingertips. Just whip up a sauce and throw it over noodles for a quick and easy dinner. Check out some of my favorite sauces.
This Alfredo is loaded with garlic! You will definitely have garlic breath after enjoying this sauce! I'm a huge fan of garlic, so it is just right for me, and I haven't had any complaints so far. If you are a little sensitive to garlic, I would recommend cutting down by 1/3 or even a 1/2 and see what you think. You can always saute up some more garlic and add it if needed.
Don always makes a point to let me know this is not exactly the best for our health with all the rich cream and butter, but that is what makes it taste so good. He's such a party pooper! To make him happy and to be health conscience, we enjoy this sauce a couple times a year in moderation. I usually make this when we are having a large crowd, because it is so easy and a big hit with everyone!
Although this sauce is best freshly made, if you somehow find yourself with leftovers, it can be reheated and tastes great the next day!
Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves. Stir for about a minute until the garlic starts to soften.
- Add in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in 1 1/2 cups regular cream and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat to mid-low and continue whisking. Simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thickened to your liking, mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Give it a taste and season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce, Italian, Pasta Sauce, Dip, Homemade, Alfredo, White Sauce, Garlic, Butter, Cream
recipe adapted from Food . com
Some more sauces you'll want to have at your fingertips...