Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream is a fudgy, swirl ice cream topped with rich, creamy chocolate ganache. No churn means no special machine needed!I have always been a fan of a fudgy swirl ice cream. For me it is so much better than an all chocolate flavor. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against chocolate. As a matter of fact, I LOVE chocolate. It's right up there with my first and only child as one of my favorite things! I just love it even more when the chocolate is swirled in so the flavor doesn't overpower the creamy goodness of the ice cream itself.
The combo of the rich, velvety Chocolate Ganache with sweet cream is what makes me close my eyes and say "mmmmmmmm" as I savor that first bite...right before scarfing it down faster than is socially acceptable ...ahem.
Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (about 7 ounces)
- Chocolate Ganache to taste
- Make the Chocolate Ganache in advance and let it cool before using.
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. When nicely chilled, add 1 cup of chilled heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk on high until soft peaks form. Soft peaks are formed when you lift the whisk attachment out of the cream and it leaves a peak with the tip bending over. The time it takes to create soft peaks will vary depending on the speed of your mixer, but it will only be a minute or two, so be sure to watch closely.
- Gently fold in 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk to whipped cream until combined.
- Carefully spoon 1/2 the whipped cream mixture into a loaf pan. Top with several dollops of Chocolate Ganache and gently swirl with a knife. Give it a taste and add more Ganache as desired. Spoon the rest of the whipped cream mixture into the loaf pan and top with several dollops of the Chocolate Ganache. Once again, swirl the Ganache into the ice cream. Give it a taste and add more chocolate as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until solid. Serve with slightly warmed chocolate ganache for topping and enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Tags: No Churn, Ice Cream, Recipe, Chocolate Ganache, Swirl, Dessert, Treat, Snack, 3 ingredients