No bake cakes are perfect for summer! Who wants to heat up the house when it's already over 100° outside?! Not this girl!! This cake has delicious layers of graham crackers, fruit, and whipped cream with a sweet butter layer too. A real summer treat and the perfect ending to a holiday party.
Patriotic No Bake Cake
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Davidson's Safest Choice Egg
- 1 3/4 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 pound of fresh strawberries, sliced thinly
- 1/2 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2-3 bananas, sliced thinly
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 2/3 cups sugar
- Note: You could use prepared whipped topping in place of the heavy cream/sugar. I include the homemade version in my recipe for best results.
- Place the graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add 1/3 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons softened butter. Pulse until combined. Give it a taste and add a pinch of salt if needed and pulse to combine. Press graham cracker mixture into a 9" square pan. Using parchment paper is a good way to press down the graham cracker crumbs to form a tight crust. Refrigerate until needed.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor and add 1 egg, 1 stick softened butter, and 1 3/4 cups Confectioner's sugar. Pulse to combine. Give it a taste and add a pinch of salt. Pulse to combine. Taste it again and adjust the salt and sugar to your liking. Make sure it is a good consistency to spread. You don't want it too thin. Add more sugar to thicken as needed. Spread this mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Top the egg mixture with the sliced strawberries and layer the blueberries next, and then the sliced bananas.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor and add 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream. Pulse for about 30 seconds to a minute, stopping to check thickness. When it is just starting to thicken add 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of salt. Pulse another 15-30 seconds until whipped into cream. Give it a taste and adjust the flavor as needed. Spread this on top of the cake. If you would like another layer of whipped topping use the other cup of whipping cream and process as before until just starting to thicken. Add 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of salt and process until whipped nicely. Be careful you don't over-process. Spread the 2nd layer on top of the cake. Garnish with crushed graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate overnight. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Yield: About 12 Servings
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.com No-Bake Banana Split Cake