The shrimp are seasoned like buffalo wings, so the men are going to like these flavors too. They might not even complain you are serving a salad for the main course.
Let me put the emphasis on the 'might not'! I was working on this post when Don got home, and he took one look at the picture and said "I want THAT for dinner!" "Really? It's a salad", I remarked. To which he let out a defeated sigh and exclaimed, "I thought that was rice!" Completely exasperated I blurted out, "It's GREEN!! and LEAFY!! In what world does that look like rice?" haha
I guess it was his wishful thinking. That man loves rice! I may have mentioned once or twice that, unfortunately for him, the cook in this house really doesn't care for rice (not the taste...the consistency).
Not that he didn't like the salad, he just expects a more "manly" meal for dinner. He loved the flavors in this dish. The spicy shrimp along with a dressing made by mixing Buffalo Wing Sauce with Caesar Dressing and a bit of honey...what's not to like?! It is very good! It has that sweet heat we love so much!
Thank you for visiting! You can also find Life Tastes Good on
Mango Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1 Haas Avocado, diced
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Garlic and Herb Buffalo Wing Seasoning Mix
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing (I used Marzetti)
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used Moore's)
- 1/4 cup Orange Blossom Honey
- Preheat oven to broil and line a baking sheet with foil. If you have a cooling rack, place it on the foil lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon McCormick seasoning mix to coat the shrimp evenly. Add more to your liking. Place the coated shrimp on the rack over the baking sheet. If you don't have a rack, no worries, just put them directly on the foil lined baking sheet. Pop the baking sheet into the oven and broil for about 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remember to leave your oven door ajar when broiling and watch them closely!
- While the shrimp are cooking, mix 1/2 cup caesar dressing, 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, and 1/4 cup orange blossom honey. Stir to combine. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors as needed. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- If you haven't done so already, go ahead and dice the mango and the avocado. Place the salad in a serving bowl and top with the cooked shrimp. Add the diced mango and avocado and serve with the reserved dressing. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Mango, Avocado, Shrimp, Salad, Buffalo Wings, Sauce, Dressing, Caesar, Summer, Spicy
Recipe Souce: Publix.com Buffalo Shrimp Salad