I made this delicious Grilled Steak with Arugula Salad, photographed it, edited the photos, and I still had time to sit down and enjoy a leisurely lunch all while vacuuming my floors at the same time!! No, I don't have a twin, a clone, or 10 arms either! Wanna know my secret??
Like Jane Jetson, I have a robot! Not one quite as advanced as Rosie, but still awesome none-the-less! It's a Roomba and my little guy has been cleaning my floors for years! I love him! Yes, it's a him and I named him Roombie! It's a Roomba thing...<grin>
Just when I thought my iRobot couldn't get any better, it did!! My Roomba didn't get a software upgrade, and I still haven't figured out how to get him to do the laundry, but he is working longer for me on each charge thanks to my Lithium Power Inc. Replacement Battery! As a result, my house is cleaner, and I have more time to spend enjoying lunch!!
Forgive me while I interrupt this recipe and take a moment to share one of my new favorite things! You'll find the recipe a little further down the page today, I'm straying from my norm a bit, because I was so excited to share this with you!
Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through a link in this post.
Lithium Power Inc saw my review on the iRobot Roomba 585 Model and contacted me to inquire if I wanted to test the first and only lithium replacement battery that is fully compatible with iRobot Roomba series 500, 600, 700 and 800. You bet I do!
I was excited to see what this battery could do, as it came with promises of lasting twice as long on a charge as the typical Roomba battery! I was skeptical to say the least, but willing to give it a chance! Don changed out the battery in mere minutes, with ease, and I got it on the charger!
While Roombie was doing his thing, I was able to get some work done. An hour went by and he was still plugging along. I decided to go ahead and prepare my latest recipe for the blog. I even had time to photograph it, and he was still going!! I edited the photos and he was still going... I got to sit down and enjoy my lunch while watching my little robot just keep on working!!
My little Roomba ran for over 4 hours!! 4 hours y'all!! That's more than twice as long as the original Roomba battery! I was so proud!! He was like the Energizer Bunny!! He just kept going and going and going.... and all the floors were clean even before he was out of power! This was big!! HUGE!! Like, time to throw a parade kinda big! That's no joke!
If you are in the market for a new Roomba battery, you'll definitely want to check out Lithium Power's battery! Way more bang for your buck!! Visit their website to get complete product information and to purchase directly from them with free 2-3 day domestic shipping!
Disclosure: Although, I received the product at no charge, I have been using the Lithium Power Inc battery for a little over a month now and all of the opinions expressed in this review are my own as a result of my actual experiences with the product. If my opinion changes over time, I will update this review.
Back to our regularly scheduled recipe! This Grilled Steak with Arugula Salad is a healthy and delicious, low carb meal! I love the tangy dressing and topping it off with Parmesan is tres good!! Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting! You can also find Life Tastes Good on
Grilled Steak with Arugula Salad
- 1 lb Skirt Steak
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups baby arugula or spinach if you prefer
- Shaved fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Remove the skirt steak from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. Salt and pepper the steak on both sides, generously. Combine 2 tablespoons softened butter with 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Rub the garlic butter all over both sides of the steak.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to 375 degrees F. Grill steak for 3 minutes on both sides until it is mid-rare. Adjust the cooking times as needed depending on the thickness of your steak. Remove the steak from the grill pan to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Tip: I place my cutting board onto a foil lined cookie sheet to catch and drippings and make for easier clean-up.
- Combine 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Place the arugula into a serving bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat. Slice steak thinly against the grain and toss in with the arugula. Top with Parmesan Cheese as you like and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 21 mins.
Tags: Grilled Steak, Arugula, Salad, Parmesan, Main, Low Carb, healthy, light meal, under 30 minutes
Recipe inspired by: myrecipes.com Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan Salad