Yes you can cure those chocolate cravings without carb loading! This delicious treat is easy to make and ready in about 5 minutes! You can't beat that! The smooth creamy goodness is so comforting, you'll feel like you're in chocolate heaven!
I served some to the hubs tonight and topped it with some sugar free homemade whipped topping. He was very happy. He said "Oooh pudding!" Sure honey. It's pudding... He had no idea it was low carb!! After he gave it two thumbs up I confessed. He was a little offended I tricked him, but he didn't stop eating!!
Eating a low carb diet always makes me feel better. The brain fog goes away, and I have more energy. I don't need those afternoon naps when I'm restricting carbohydrates, and I lose weight too, so that's a nice bonus! My jeans have been getting harder to button lately, and I don't want to go out and buy biggers ones!! NO WAY! Either I do something about it or I walk around with my pants unbuttoned and nobody wants that!
This Low Carb Chocolate Mousse gets me through any chocolate craving and a little goes a long way. It is so rich and creamy it satisfies easily! Because this is so rich and satisfying, I can usually get 8 servings out of this recipe. The smaller serving size means even less carbs, so it is easy to keep within my limit when indulging in this tasty snack. Keep in mind the chocolate chips and strawberry garnish you see in the pictures adds carbs, so garnish sparingly! To save on the carbs I suggest making some homemade whipped cream that you can sweeten with a little Splenda or your favorite sugar free sweetener. Just pour about a cup of cold heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a food processor and add a little bit of sweetener. Then process until thick. It only takes about 30 seconds to a minute and you have delicious whipped topping! The texture is wonderful!
Easy Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- splash of vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container Mascarpone Cheese, softened
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add a splash of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Add the Mascarpone Cheese and stir until well mixed and all one beautiful chocolaty delicious color. Give it a taste. You'll think you're dreaming, but close your eyes and enjoy the low carb chocolate heaven. You're welcome!
- Adjust the flavors as needed by adding more salt or vanilla to suit your tastes. Chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours until set. Keep in mind this gets better with age, so if you can wait to curb your chocolate craving this will taste even better the next day!
Tip - This is better when you let it warm up a bit before serving. I usually take it out of the fridge after dinner and it's ready to eat when that craving hits later in the evening!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Tags: cheese, chocolate, craving, dessert, low carb, mascarpone, mousse, pudding, snack
recipe source: allrecipes.com Easy Faux Chocolate Mousse