So why am I making banana bread? Because it's covered in chocolate, and I do love chocolate covered bananas, so why not?! My challenge was keeping Don from eating all the dang bananas before I could make the bread!
He was as happy as a monkey in a banana factory when he got home from work! Honestly, as soon as he got home he honed in on the fruit basket! "Oooooh bananas!" Seriously? They aren't dipped in gold or anything. Just plain old bananas and I need at least three of them, so "Keep your mitts off 'em", I said!
Don and I both like this!! He even remarked about the crispy crust on the outside and the inside is soft and moist. Great combo!
This is some really good stuff! There should be a law you have to put chocolate in banana bread always!
Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-1/2 by 4-1/2-Inch Loaf Pan.
- Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- In a Food Processor or Mixer , add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup softened butter. Pulse until well blended. Add 3 bananas, 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup plain yogurt. Pulse until combined. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined.
- Place 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high power. Stir until smooth and add 1 cup of the batter to the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Spoon plain batter and chocolate batter, alternately, into loaf pan and swirl the batters together with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 30 mins.
Tags: Banana Bread, Chocolate, dessert, snack, fruit
recipe inspired by Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread