I have once again teamed up with some of my best blogging friends to bring you a delicious holiday meal you can enjoy at home! Our Maille Easter Menu is a gourmet meal that will delight your senses and impress your guests!
To make this special meal even better, Maille and Revol have teamed up to give one of YOU an incredible prize package!! Be sure to enter for your chance to win this beautiful array of products that will help you create all of the tasty recipes featured in this post plus many more!!
Caramelized Onion Smashed Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 lbs red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Mustard with Horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup half and half, warmed
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions have softened, and achieved a deep brown color, about 20-25 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, place cubed potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly so you still have a good boil and cook until tender. About 10 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes to the pot and add 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Mustard with Horseradish, 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup warmed half and half. Mash potatoes. Add in more half and half as needed for desired consistency. Fold in the caramelized onions. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Adjust the flavors to your liking. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 25 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Caramelized Onion and Horseradish Smashed Potatoes
If you are hosting an Easter gathering, you will find our menu easy to follow and delicious! For starters hop on over to Shelby's blog, The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch, for her beautiful Honey Dijon Spinach Salad with raspberries and feta! Yummm! I'm salivating just thinking about it! Don't fill up on this sweet and tangy salad though, we still have 2 more courses to go!
Michele, of Flavor Mosaic, has created the main attraction for our Maille Easter Menu. Her flavorful Pork Loin with a Dijon Mustard Cream Sauce and Cornichons pairs beautifully with the smashed potatoes!
Maille®, the leading producer of mustard, vinegar and cornichons in France and the number one brand of imported mustard in the United States, has been setting the standard for Dijon mustard for over 265 years! Maille’s award-winning mustards are made using a special recipe and process to create the best quality flavor, taste, and texture, resulting from centuries of expertise!
For more information and some amazing gourmet recipes: Visit Maille’s web site, follow on twitter @MailleUS, and like them on Facebook at facebook.com/mailleus.
Our friends at Maille® have teamed up with Revol, a French porcelain manu-facturer that has been making high-end cookware and serveware since 1789, to give one of our loyal readers a beautiful duo of oil/vinegar cruets and salt/pepper shakers as part of an incredible prize package of products! For more information on Revol, visit their web site to view all their beautiful products.
This AMAZING prize package includes the following:
- Complete range of US Maille products, (1 jar of each: Dijon Originale, Honey Dijon, Old Style, Dijonnaise, Rich Country Dijon, Horseradish, and Cornichons)
- One Maille apron from France
- One Maille kitchen mitt from France
- Five Maille decorative wooden spoons from France
- Revol oil and vinegar cruets (valued at $50 each)
- Revol Salt and pepper shakers (valued at $50)
- The complete package is valued at $265!!!
I received products from Maille in order to develop and original recipe and give an honest review. The opinion expressed in this post is 100% my own
Good Luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway