But I did make up a batch to test out the tip on how to store it for up to 3 days without turning brown. So, yeah, I did it and it worked! I made this delicious grilled cheese with guacamole after the guac had been in the fridge for 3 days. You can see it is still fresh and green and bee-u-ti-ful!
This sandwich is super easy to make, of course, and it is really good! Lots of melty cheese with yummy, delicious, garlicky guacamole! This makes for a quick and easy meal that is super versatile! Pair it with chips, fries, soup, whatever you like!
Grilled Cheese with Guacamole
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- Unsalted Butter, softened
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread butter on both sides of your bread slices and put one piece of bread, butter side down, in the hot skillet. You can't go wrong when you spread butter on both sides :)
- Top with a slice of cheese and your desired amount of Simple Guacamole and then another slice of cheese, because this is grilled cheese and cheese is good :o). Then top everything with the other slice of bread, butter side up haha.
- Grill a couple minutes until browned how you like it and then flip the whole deal over and grill the other side until sufficiently browned and the cheese is nice and melty.
- Remove the sandwich to a plate. Slice in half, because that's how we roll and enjoy!
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:05