For starters we have Double Tomato Bruschetta. Bruschetta is an antipasto that is very easy to make and super delicious to eat!! Antipasto simply means 'before the meal'. My Double Tomato Bruschetta makes a perfect beginning to our Easy Valentine's Day Dinner.
You can prepare the topping early in the day or even the day ahead! Toss it all in a bowl, cover it, and pop it in the fridge until ready to use! It really doesn't get much easier than that! This stuff is very flavorful with all of the fresh ingredients. It is addicting, so be careful you don't fill up! You have 3 more courses to enjoy!!
Double Tomato Bruschetta
- 6 Roma (Plum) Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, pack in oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 french baguette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the 6 chopped, fresh Roma tomatoes, 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Toss to mix and give it a taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to make the bruschetta, Preheat your oven on the broiler setting to high.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4" slices and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. For easy clean-up I line the baking sheet with foil. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for a minute or two until lightly browned. Remember when broiling to leave the oven door ajar and keep a close eye on the bread. It will toast quickly!
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and divide the tomato mixture evenly on the baguette slices. Top each slice with mozzarella cheese and put them back under the broiler just to melt the cheese. Don't walk away! Keep an eye on them!
- Once cheese is melted, remove from oven and serve! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:02
I hope you saved room for our next course! This stunning Spinach Strawberry Champagne Salad can be found at Flavor Mosaic. Michele created a gourmet salad for us with spinach, strawberries, walnuts, bleu cheese, and a champagne vinaigrette! I don't know about you but that sounds like the salad of my dreams!! Yes, I dream about salad too!
For the main course, hop on over to Shelby's blog, The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch, for her Creamy Chicken Linguine. This isn't just a tasty entree everyone will love... No!! It is so much more than that! It is your best friend! This dish practically makes itself so you have more time with your favorite Valentine! And who doesn't want that?!!
Drum roll please! To cap off this wonderful meal, the Piece de resistance (like my french?), you will visit Renee's Kitchen Adventures for this beautiful Chocolate-Strawberry Eclair Cake. I can't wait to take a bit of this! Oh yeah!! A perfectly delicious ending to a simple, gourmet meal that will make your Valentine fall in love all over again!
Happy Valentine's Day
recipe source: allrecipes.com Double Tomato Bruschetta