What the name doesn't tell you is how unbelievably easy this beautiful dish is to make, nor does it explain how you can serve this to company and they'll be super impressed with your culinary skills!
You can't tell from the name that this chicken cooks all-in-one pan and is ready in under an hour! Doesn't get much better than that?! Right? OOOOOh, but it does...
I saved the best for last! This lovely entree has a beautiful secret! CHEESE! Yes! As if spinach and basil pesto isn't enough to make this chicken fabulous, we go ahead and top it with glorious Parmesan cheese, and that makes everyone happy! This is a real crowd pleaser, and will be making regular visits to my dinner table :)
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Spinach Pesto Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Basil Pesto
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- You don't need a Food Processor, but if you have one process 1.5 cups fresh baby spinach with at least 2 tablespoons Homemade Basil Pesto. Add more to your liking. No Food Processor? No problem? Just finely chop the spinach and mix it with the pesto. Easy peasy!
- Spread half the pesto mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 Inch baking dish and top with chicken in a single layer. Salt and pepper the chicken to your liking. Remember the Parmesan has salt, so don't overdo it. Spread the remaining pesto mixture on top of the chicken, and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover the dish and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of each chicken piece to your liking. Place back in oven until cheese melts and begins to brown (about 15 minutes). Enjoy!