BBQ Cranberry Chicken
Sounds delicious, looks delicious, smells delicious...it IS delicious!
Whoever decided to add cranberry sauce to their bbq sauce is a genius! I am forever in your debt mystery person!
Cranberries and bbq sauce make magic together, like peanut butter and chocolate! They belong together!
This is a great recipe to make if you need to use up leftover cranberry sauce after Thanksgiving! I paired this BBQ Cranberry Chicken recipe with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh steamed green beans. It all looked so pretty on the plate, and the sauce was delicious with the potatoes...
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com BBQ Cranberry Chicken
BBQ Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 2-3 lbs chicken leg quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Sage
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce or 16 ounce can whole berry sauce
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce (or your fave)
- Make the Homemade Cranberry Sauce and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Double line a 13x9 baking dish with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder together and season chicken pieces. Be sure to get the seasoning under the skin.
- Heat a large skillet over mid-high heat and sear the chicken pieces for about 2-3 minutes on each side. After seared, place chicken in baking dish meaty side down.
- In the same skillet, saute 1/2 cup chopped celery and 1 chopped onion until tender. Add the Homemade Cranberry Sauce (or canned sauce), 1 cup BBQ sauce, and 1 teaspoon dried sage. Stirring until well combined. I like to bring it to a boil and boil for 30 seconds and then turn off heat. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour Cranberry BBQ Sauce over chicken and bake in the oven for 90 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 45 mins.