Squish all the smooth, wonderful goodness of a pumpkin pie into a bread pan and, voila, out comes a moist, sweet, and spice filled burst of happiness! It is love at first bite!
This recipe is the perfect combo of spices to pumpkin to sweetness, and when you have this bread in the oven it fills the entire house, and probably your whole neighborhood, with aromas that are hard to resist!
If you aren't prepared for unexpected neighbors dropping by to "borrow" something you might get caught in your curlers and pj's. The heavenly aromas will bring all the neighbors to your door!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 (15 oz can) pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a Food Processor (or a mixer) combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and 1/2 can of pumpkin puree. Pulse 10 or 15 seconds until well combined.
- Add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse another 10-20 seconds while you pour in 1/4 cup water.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. The top should be firm-ish when done. If the top is jiggly or looks moist add to the bake time and check on it every couple minutes. Let cool completely, dust with confectioner's sugar if you like (I do!), and enjoy! Tastes even better the next day!
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Pumpkin Pie Bread