I have another secret... I've actually NEVER used frozen hash browns before, so I had no idea what to expect with this product. Don was not looking forward to it either, but guess what he took for lunch today? Yessireeee! He took leftovers! He got creative and made them into a sandwich! He's so clever...sometimes. I will definitely be making these again!
recipe inspired by Ore-Ida Pesto Chicken and Potato Patties
- 2 cups Ore-Ida Country Style Hash Browns
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 5 tablespoons Homemade Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Using the foil makes clean up a breeze!
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups hash browns (frozen is fine), 1 pound ground chicken, 3 tablespoons Homemade Basil Pesto, 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper, 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape into patties and place on foil lined baking sheet in a single layer. This will yield about 8-9 patties.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. when tested with an instant read thermometer in center of patty.
- While the patties are cooking, mix together remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto with 1/3 cup sour cream and reserve. Serve patties with pesto sour cream, a salad or some sauteed garlic spinach, or whatever your heart desires and enjoy!
This month allrecipes.com partnered with OreIda and asked the Allstars to make some recipes using OreIda products. I did receive product to give it a try. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.