Kiss the cans goodbye!! This Homemade Sloppy Joe Sandwich is easy to make and will knock your socks off! You'll never buy canned Sloppy Joe's again! It's true!! I know these things :)
This Sloppy Joe whips up in a jiffy, is full of flavor, and the best part is you know what's in it! I love how versatile this recipe is too!
Don't be afraid to give it a taste and add a little more of this or that. You have all the power (feels good right?!). You are in control! This is your time to shine...okay I'm getting carried away, but you get the picture. This is your dinner, so adjust the seasonings to your liking! The whole family will LOVE this!
If you have a little extra time, check out my recipe for Homemade Buns too. Oh my yumminess they are good!
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Sloppy Joes II
You see those yummilicious looking fries in the picture? Those are Ore-Ida Steak Fries! It's true!! I don't normally use frozen fries, but this month the allrecipes.com Allstars (that's ME!) were asked to give them a try, and you know what? I liked them! They were so easy to make. I just spread them out on a baking sheet and popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes! They came out crispy and delish! Don even liked them! And that's saying a lot! He's turned into quite the food snob :)
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over mid-high heat, begin browning the ground beef. When it starts to brown add the 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/3 cup chopped green pepper, and 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic. Continue to cook over mid-high heat until meat is cooked through. Soak up any liquid with a paper towel (be careful! don't burn yourself or your house down!!) or you can drain off the liquid.
- Add 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar and stir to combine. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Salt and pepper as needed. Serve on your favorite buns and enjoy!