Tilapia with Pesto Potatoes and Peas bakes quickly in this easy foil packet recipe! This recipe is so easy you can have this on the table in under 30 minutes from start to finish!! It is so fast it will make heads spin and your family will be in awe of you!! Okay, so they probably won't even notice, but you can feel good about how fast and easy it is to put a flavorful and healthy meal on the table!
This one ranks high in my book for favorite fish recipes!! And that is saying a lot as I'm not a huge fan of fish, so I go for the very mild tasting tilapia nearly every time. I know what you're thinking... but you live in FL and you're a foodie - how can you NOT like fish? I don't understand it either, but I can tell you it is NOT for lack of trying!! That being said you don't have to stick to tilapia for this recipe! Go ahead and make this with salmon but be sure to add a couple minutes to the cook time as needed.
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cleaned
- 6 teaspoons Homemade Basil Pesto
- 4 Tilapia filets
- Frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and heat a saucepan of water to boiling. Enough water to cover potatoes. You can do this on a grill as well! It's a great recipe for camping!
- Slice the ends off of the potatoes and use your Food Processor to slice the potatoes. If you don't have a food processor, just go ahead and slice them thinly.
- Salt the boiling water and blanch sliced potatoes for about 4 minutes. While potatoes are blanching, prepare 4 pieces of aluminum foil by spraying with cooking spray. Make sure the foil pieces are about 16" long.
- Drain potatoes and run under cold water. Divide the potatoes evenly on the foil pieces fanning them out in the middle of the foil (see pictures below).
- Top potatoes with 1.5 teaspoons of Homemade Basil Pesto each.
- Season your fish with salt and pepper and divide evenly on top of potatoes. Top with a handful of frozen peas.
- Bring the 2 cut sides of the foil together over the center of the fish and fold down 2 or 3 times. Fold in each side 2 or 3 times until you have a nice foil packet.
- Place foil packets on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Carefully open the packets and serve immediately. Enjoy!