Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage whips up in a jiffy! This dish gets its flavor from the Johnsonville Italian Sausage. It is sweet and spicy and satisfying! The flavors stick with you and help to curb any cravings all night long! I love that! Bonus - this makes a lot for a little, so you can feed the whole family for about $10!! Let me tell you what - you can't beat that with a stick!!
The gnocchi makes this a hearty dish so a little goes a long way, unless you're like my hubs and then you'll keep eating until you have to be rolled away from the table!! Poor guy - it's so tasty he couldn't help himself :)
- 2 (1 lb) packages gnocchi
- 1 package Johnsonsonville All Natural Sweet Italian ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 6 ounces pesto
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. After draining return them to the pot.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over mid-high heat and saute the sugar snap peas and red peppers until tender to your liking. Toss into the pot with the gnocchi.
- In the same skillet, cook the sausage until cooked through - about 8-10 minutes. Add the sausage to the pot with the veges and gnocchi.
- Stir to combine the contents of the pot over mid-low heat. Combine 6 ounces of pesto with 1/2 cup of whipping cream and pour over gnocchi mixture. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage