|recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Mediterranean Meatball Kabobs|
Beef! It's What's For Dinner!! And OH what a dinner this is! These Mediterranean Meatball Gyro Sandwiches are full of flavor and very satisfying! You can skip the dessert when you have this for dinner as it is packed with protein and will keep you satiated all night long! The flavors will stay with you, so you might have these on your mind for sometime! I know Don is already looking forward to having them again for lunch!! This isn't just a tasty dinner! Oh no, my friends, in addition to this recipe being chock full of satisfying protein, it is also an excellent source of niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, and zinc; not to mention a good source of the essential nutrient choline as well! All thanks to the beef! shhhh - Don't tell Don it's good for him - just let him think he's being bad. It won't hurt him to think he's living on the edge a little haha
- 1 pound ground chuck (80/20 for best flavor)
- 1/4 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flat-breads
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped cucumber
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- allrecipes.com Greek Tzatziki Sauce (I reduced the servings to 4)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine 1 pound ground chuck, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix lightly until well combined and shape into meatballs. I use a small scoop to shape them. Check out my Easy Meatballs for a picture on how I shape the meatballs with a small scoop.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil (or double line with regular foil) and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place meatballs on the tray and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest.
- Meanwhile, place the flat-bread under the broiler until lightly toasted on both sides. Remove from oven and place 3-4 meatballs down the middle of the flat-bread. Spoon a generous helping of Tzatziki Sauce next to the meatballs and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and chopped parsley. Serve with Baked Sweet Potato Fries and enjoy!