|recipe inspired by: allrecipes.com Cheesey Chicken & Yellow Rice|
This Chicken & Rice dish is very easy to make, fresh tasting, and flavorful! It uses Goya seasonings and boxed rice which makes it quick and easy when you've had a busy and hectic day!
I did change up the recipe just a bit. I love that this recipe uses fresh veggies, but I wanted to make this in one pan to make this dish even easier!!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- Goya Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) box Goya yellow rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Goya extra virgin olive oil
- As always, I like to have all my chopping done and ready to go prior to cooking. I like having everything handy - it leaves little room for errors.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over mid-high heat. Season chicken with adobo seasoning and cook in skillet until seared on both sides. Add chopped peppers and onions to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring, until vegetables soften and chicken is cooked through - about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and veges to a plate and cover with foil.
- Place skillet back over mid-high heat and bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add contents of yellow rice box, chopped tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon olive oil and bring this mixture up to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Return reserved chicken and veges to the skillet with the rice and stir to combine. Give a little taste and adjust seasonings as needed. The original recipe suggests adding a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, but we tried it both ways and, surprisingly, found it tasted better without the cheese. So, I think that is a personal preference - you choose :)