posted by Marion@Life Tastes Good on 2013-07-21
Move over peanut butter! I've found cookie butter (aka Biscoff Spread) and I'm SOLD!! Whoever thought to crush up cookies and make a spread is a GENIUS! The sweet taste with a subtle caramel flavor has won me over! I love it and I'm not ashamed of that! Don likes it too, but I told him I am NOT buying it again. I could eat that stuff right out of the jar! I DID eat that stuff right out of the jar - oh my gosh! it is so addicting!! In an attempt to get it out of the house, I decided to make something with it. I used it all up and now it's gone!I miss my cookie butter :(
The crust is made of graham crackers, butter, and Biscoff Spread. This combo comes together nicely with the chocolate topping to create a wonderful flavor described best by one of Don's co-workers,
"...it's like an angel descended from heaven and kissed a Twix bar!"
He nailed it!!
- 1 package crushed graham crackers (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff Spread
- Mix 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 1/2 cup Biscoff spread and press into the bottom of a square pan (9x9). I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper and allowing the ends to hangover for ease in removing.
- Melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons Biscoff spread in a double boiler or the microwave. If microwaving do so slowly and stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour over crushed graham cracker mixture and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate several hours. Preferably overnight. Remove parchment from pan and cut into even squares. ENJOY!!