Pesto Chicken and Vegetables


One of my tasks this month as an allrecipes.com Ambassador is to prepare, photograph, and review 'faceless' recipes from the allrecipes.com Australia website. A faceless recipe is any recipe that doesn't have a picture to show off how delicious it looks.

I am not usually a fan of casserole type, all in one dishes, but when I came across Pesto Chicken and Vegetables, I couldn't resist. It had all the right ingredients and sounded so easy!

I did change up the recipe a little, but let me tell you! This is amazing! We absolutely love it! It is so good I kept going back and sneaking some more bites for an after dinner snack! It's okay - I only had 1/2 the chicken breast for my dinner, so really I needed to just finish off the other half.... and that I did!

Ingredients
Approximately 20 small potatoes. I use the tiny yellow potatoes
1 red pepper (referred to as capsicums in Australia - I learned something new!)
2 medium zucchini, sliced
2 onions - I used yellow onions because that is what I had on hand
1 package fresh mushrooms - sliced or button type if you can find them
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper
3-4 chicken breasts
1 small jar of sundried tomato pesto (found this in the produce section. I think it was a 7oz jar)
freshly grated parmesan

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Quarter potatoes and slice the vegetables thinly - about 1/2" thickness. Toss the potatoes and veges in the baking dish. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and sprinkle basil, salt and pepper on top. 

Score (slice) each chicken breast 3 or 4 times being careful not to cut all he way through the breast. Place chicken on top of vegetables in baking dish and top each breast evenly with the sundried tomato pesto. Cover the dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 60-90 minutes or until potatoes are softened and chicken is cooked to 160 degrees F. when an instant read thermometer is inserted into the thickest breast. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Ready for the oven!

Ready to eat!











4 comments:

  1. We love a good casserole around here :) This one looks so light and just perfect for the warm weather we are having. Good pick Marion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...LOVE roasted, well, anything! Sounds delish. Pinning this one for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda :) and I'm with you on the roasted anything!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >