Garlic and Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Veggies


Garlic and Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Veggies | by Life Tastes Good #Orzo #Pasta #Vegetables
Garlic and Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Veggies

It's really no secret - I LOVE orzo pasta! The hubs LOVES rice, but I don't so much and seeing as I'm the chief cook and bottle washer in this establishment, I choose to serve orzo over rice every chance I get! and Don has to like it :)

Orzo is so very versatile and makes a great side dish or even a main dish. You can add anything you want to create the flavors you desire. It cooks up nicely and has a great texture. It works. I love it!

This particular dish is so very fresh and flavorful. The recipe uses some cheats, so it is also super quick and easy for those busy nights. You can pair this with just about anything or add some chopped chicken to have a whole meal in one! I love versatility!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup orzo pasta
2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 container Tomato Trinity Mix (tomatoes, green peppers, and onions). I found this handy little cheat in the produce section of Publix. It is nice not to have to chop all this stuff up when you just want to get dinner on the table!
1/3 cup Savory Garlic Philadelphia Cooking Creme
1/4 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped Basil
pepper to taste
add salt if needed, but be sure to taste first as the Parmesan adds salt to the flavor

Directions
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet and toast orzo until lightly browned. Add 2 cups water and chicken base and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.

Add the veggie mixture, 1/3 cup garlic cooking creme, and 1/4 cup Parmesan and combine well. Add the fresh chopped basil and pepper to taste. Add salt if needed. Adjust flavors to your liking and enjoy!




Recipe inspired by: Publix Apron Meals - Orzotto

2 comments:

  1. I like orzo too, but it's sort of plain...that's why I love what you have done here! Yum! I'll be making this side dish soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! This is super easy and addicting! It's hard to stop eating it!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >