Cilantro-Lime Dressing Cilantro-Lime Dressing

I am a BIG fan of Cilantro, so when I saw this dressing I had to try it! I especially love cilantro paired with ginger and lime! It is one of those flavor combos that just works for me - like tomato and basil or chocolate and peanut butter - they just go together!

I just love making my own dressings and this is a winner!  It's sweet and tangy with a little kick from the jalapeno - yummmm. I see many more salads in my future! 

1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/2 cup first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (I like the Lucini Brand)

Mix 1 jalapeno, 1 clove garlic, 3/4 teaspoon minced ginger, 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/3 cup honey, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, and salt in a blender or a food processor until jalapeno, garlic, and ginger are finely chopped. Add cilantro leaves and pulse a few times to blend. Add olive oil and blend lightly until incorporated. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Refrigerate until ready to use. NOTE: Not only is this great as a salad dressing, but it makes a good marinade for chicken or pork and especially excellent on steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >