Feb 27, 2013

Cilantro-Lime Dressing


allrecipes.com Cilantro-Lime Dressing

I am a BIG fan of Cilantro, so when I saw this dressing I had to try it! I especially love cilantro paired with ginger and lime! It is one of those flavor combos that just works for me - like tomato and basil or chocolate and peanut butter - they just go together!

I just love making my own dressings and this is a winner!  It's sweet and tangy with a little kick from the jalapeno - yummmm. I see many more salads in my future! 


Ingredients
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/2 cup first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (I like the Lucini Brand)


Directions
Mix 1 jalapeno, 1 clove garlic, 3/4 teaspoon minced ginger, 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/3 cup honey, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, and salt in a blender or a food processor until jalapeno, garlic, and ginger are finely chopped. Add cilantro leaves and pulse a few times to blend. Add olive oil and blend lightly until incorporated. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Refrigerate until ready to use. NOTE: Not only is this great as a salad dressing, but it makes a good marinade for chicken or pork and especially excellent on steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>