Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17th - January 23rd


Weekly Menu and Shopping List

Life is slowly finding a normal rhythm now that the kid is back at school and the flu has left the premises (hopefully for good!).  I'm used to planning our meals around the weekly sales, so being spontaneous for dinner is challenging for me! I feel like I'm ALWAYS at the grocery store when there is no planning involved!  When I have a plan, I go with my list and get it all over with at once! Occasionally I'll have to make another trip during the week, but I try to limit it to one. This definitely saves us money! Not only on groceries, but also on fuel. It also saves me TIME, which I love!

So here's my plan for the week :o)
Have a great week!!

Menu
Thursday - Meatballs with Red Sauce served over spaghetti squash (to lower the carb count. I will also replace the breadcrumbs in the meatballs with Parmesan cheese for lower carbs)
Friday - Steak and salad (sirloin is on sale this week at Publix and salad bags are on the BOGO free sale)
Saturday - leftover spaghetti and meatballs
Sunday - Roasted Sticky Chicken with a salad (the recipe calls for 2 small chickens, but I usually buy just 1 because it is just the 2 of us)
Monday - Stuffed Peppers (green peppers are on sale this week at Publix. I am going to replace the rice with cauliflower to lower the carb count. Use fresh cauliflower and just give it a whir in the blender or food processor to chop it up into small pieces and add to the recipe raw - it will cook in the oven).
Tuesday - Margarita Pork Chops with Salad (Center Cut Pork Rib Chops are on sale for just 3.49/lb)
Wednesday - Leftover stuffed peppers

Shopping List 
NOTE: adjust quantities as needed for your family - I'm only feeding 2 :o)

Produce
Fresh Basil
4 yellow onions
2 heads of garlic
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Oregano
Fresh Thyme
2 bags of salad (on the BOGO Free sale at Publix)
4 green peppers (on sale at Publix this week)
1 head of cauliflower
1 bag of fresh baby spinach (at least 5 ounces)

Dairy
Shredded or Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Milk
Eggs
butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Spices/Oils
Sea Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Paprika
Onion Powder
White Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Garlic Powder
Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
Olive Oil

Misc
1 12 ounce can tomato paste
1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
1 28 ounce can diced tomates (hunts has 28 oz tomatoes on the BOGO Free sale at Publix this week)
1 8ounce jar of your preferred salsa
1.5 cups bottled margarita mix

Meat
2 lbs ground round (I like to use beef with 15% fat. Anything less is typically dry and lacks flavor)
1.5lbs Boneless top sirloin steaks (on sale for 4.99/lb)
Publix Thick Sliced Bacon
1 whole roaster chicken (on sale for 1.29/lb)
8 ounces Turkey Sausage or Ground Turkey
2-3 lbs center cut pork rib chops (on sale at Publix for 3.49/lb)

2 comments:

  1. This is great and I'm so glad I found you! Now I'll have you to do some of my planning for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >