Disclosure:Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Sunday SupperFootball season is here and The #SundaySupper Tastemakers are coming at ya this week with Easy Football Food Ideas, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying game day. If you like the snacks more than the actual game on game day, then you might want to use your extra time to pin all of these great football snacks to enjoy something different each week. Scroll down past my Queso Blanco Dip for the whole list of easy football recipes. Thanks goes out to Coleen, The Redhead Baker, for all of her hard work in making this event possible.
Football food doesn't get much easier than my Queso Blanco Dip. You just toss everything in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute at time, stirring between heating, until the cheese is smooth and creamy. It takes about 5-6 minutes, stirring every minute. You don't want to skip the stirrings in between. If you blast this on high for several minutes, you are likely to end up with a rubbery mess of goo. That would be sad!
Recipe Prep Tips:
- Use good quality cheese from the deli. You might get funny looks when you ask for a 1 pound block of cheese, but it's all good. They can do it for you and some will even cube it for you! I love it when they do that!
- Serve this dip with lots of different dipping options. Tortilla chips are the obvious choice, but I love to serve this with a variety of raw veggies and even some bread pieces too.
- Warning: This recipe makes A LOT! Almost 4 cups!! We use it on everything from omelets to chicken wings. It is delicious and reheats well. It seems to get better with age, and you can even freeze it with good results. I like that!
- If you don't want to make 4 cups of cheese dip, you can easily cut this recipe in half or even make 1/4 of it. Just scale down the ingredients accordingly.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)
Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip) is one of our favorite football appetizers. This recipe is easy to make and ready in under 10 minutes. Definitely a fan favorite!
- 1 lb block of White American Cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles (I pick up a small can located near the Mexican Foods at the grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Pinch of cumin
- Kosher salt to taste
- Diced tomatoes & chopped cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla chips, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bread, etc... for dipping
- Place cubed cheese, 1/4 cup diced green chiles, 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped, 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice, 2/3 cup whole milk, 1/4 cup cold water, and a pinch of cumin in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high, 1 minute at a time, for 5-6 minutes, until smooth. Stir after each minute. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning to your liking, adding a little salt if needed. Serve hot with chips and/or raw veggies. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Cheese dip, appetizer, chips, dip, mexican, queso, starter, White Cheese, easy recipe, football
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books 'n Cooks
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline's Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Seven-Layer Hoagie Dip by Foodtastic Mom
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica's Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket's Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by New South Charm
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Pork Steamed Shumai by Asian in America
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Loaded Potato Skins Southwestern Style by Simple and Savory
- Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.