This month allrecipes.com partnered with Campbell's. As an Allrecipes Allstar, I was tasked with making recipes using Cambell's products. There were several recipes from which to choose, such as Quick and Flavorful Veges, Moist and Savory Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, and Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
I used several of these for my Thanksgiving Feast, however the most intriguing recipe was the Praline-Pumpkin Mousse Cornucopias, so I saved the best for last!
I have used puff pastry lots in the past, but I've never used it with a mold to make a shape before! I love how creative this is, and my wheels are turning trying to come up with some more shapes to make and fill!
It is no secret that I am not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things...but my family is, so I'm happy to make anything with pumpkin anytime. I did like this dessert, though. These impressive little treats are as tasty as they are beautiful. The sweet mousse filling pairs nicely with the pastry, and the caramel is the icing on the cake, so to speak! There are so many wonderful flavors in this lovely dessert.
I love how versatile this is too! You can use any kind of filling you like! For instance, I would love to use this pastry and fill it with the banana cheesecake filling I use in my Banana Cheesecake Donuts. The flavor combos are only limited by your imagination!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Praline-Pumpkin Mousse Cornucopias
- 6 sugar ice cream cones
- Vegetable cooking spray
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap each cone tightly in aluminum foil, covering it completely and tucking any excess foil into the cone cavity. Spray the foil cones with the cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet along the fold marks to form 3 rectangles. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 4 strips, making 12 strips in all.
- Press the ends of 2 pastry strips together. Starting at the pointed end of the cone, wind the pastry strip around 1 cone, slightly overlapping edges of pastry (strip will not reach the bottom of the cone). Spray the pastry cone with the cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place the pastry cone on its side, with the end of the strip facing down, onto a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool completely on the baking sheet on a wire rack. Carefully remove the foil cones from the baked pastry.
- Beat the milk, pudding mix, pumpkin and cinnamon in a medium bowl with a whisk until the mixture is thickened.
- Beat the heavy cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the pastry cones.
- Stir 1 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce and pecans in a small bowl. Place the pastries onto serving plates and drizzle with the caramel mixture.
Prep Time: 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Cornucopia, Dessert, Mousse, Praline, Pumpkin, Caramel, Fall, Pastry, Allrecipes.com, Campbells
You might also like...