Oct 18, 2012

October 18th - October 24th


My menu and shopping list this week

I won't be making a menu and grocery list next week, as we have a lot of things already planned.  This week's menu is yummy! Definitely give the Butternut Soup a try - you'll be glad you did!

Have a super week everyone!

Thursday - Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese  (for the soup I am only using 1 package of cream cheese per the advice of other reviewers. I will most likely use a mix of fontina and american cheeses for the sandwich)
Friday - Burgers and Fries  (For the burgers I do not use the pepper flakes. I did that the first time I made these and my lips were on FIRE! I like the yukon golds for the french fries because they are a lower starch potato and will crisp up more than an Idaho)
Saturday - Margarita Pork Chops and a garden salad
Sunday - Tilapia Scaloppine & Rice Pilaf
Monday - Publix Subs (Don and I have started a tradition apparently haha. We get subs on debate nights. I go out that afternoon and pick them up along with some chips)
Tuesday - Roasted Chicken Breasts and a garden salad
Wednesday - leftovers or make it a pizza night!

Bakery
Bread for grilled cheese
Buns for burgers (4)

Produce
Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 3/4 lbs winter squash (butternut)

1/2 cup mushrooms (button)
1 lemon
garlic
fresh parsley
1/2 cup slivered carrots
2 onions

Dairy
1 (8 0z) package cream cheese
Cheese for Grilled Cheese (I will probably use Fontina and American mix)
2 ounces Swiss cheese

butter

Spices
Honey Mustard (1/4 cup)
Brown Sugar

White Sugar
Marjoram
Cayenne Pepper

onion powder
garlic powder
salt
black pepper

Olive Oil
Canola Oil (I ran out)
Cooking Spray

Other
1.5 cups bottled Margarita Mix

1/2 cup white wine
1 (4 oz) jar capers
Chicken Base (in the soup aisle near the chicken broth)

Frozen
Peas

Meat
bone in skin on chicken breasts (2 breasts or more if needed)

1 lb ground chuck (on sale)
1 lb tilapia (on sale)
2-3 lbs center cut pork rib chops bone-in (on sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>