October 18th - October 24th

My menu and shopping list this week

I won't be making a menu and grocery list next week, as we have a lot of things already planned.  This week's menu is yummy! Definitely give the Butternut Soup a try - you'll be glad you did!

Have a super week everyone!

Thursday - Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese  (for the soup I am only using 1 package of cream cheese per the advice of other reviewers. I will most likely use a mix of fontina and american cheeses for the sandwich)
Friday - Burgers and Fries  (For the burgers I do not use the pepper flakes. I did that the first time I made these and my lips were on FIRE! I like the yukon golds for the french fries because they are a lower starch potato and will crisp up more than an Idaho)
Saturday - Margarita Pork Chops and a garden salad
Sunday - Tilapia Scaloppine & Rice Pilaf
Monday - Publix Subs (Don and I have started a tradition apparently haha. We get subs on debate nights. I go out that afternoon and pick them up along with some chips)
Tuesday - Roasted Chicken Breasts and a garden salad
Wednesday - leftovers or make it a pizza night!

Bread for grilled cheese
Buns for burgers (4)

Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 3/4 lbs winter squash (butternut)

1/2 cup mushrooms (button)
1 lemon
fresh parsley
1/2 cup slivered carrots
2 onions

1 (8 0z) package cream cheese
Cheese for Grilled Cheese (I will probably use Fontina and American mix)
2 ounces Swiss cheese


Honey Mustard (1/4 cup)
Brown Sugar

White Sugar
Cayenne Pepper

onion powder
garlic powder
black pepper

Olive Oil
Canola Oil (I ran out)
Cooking Spray

1.5 cups bottled Margarita Mix

1/2 cup white wine
1 (4 oz) jar capers
Chicken Base (in the soup aisle near the chicken broth)


bone in skin on chicken breasts (2 breasts or more if needed)

1 lb ground chuck (on sale)
1 lb tilapia (on sale)
2-3 lbs center cut pork rib chops bone-in (on sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >