Wednesday, October 31, 2012

November 1st - November 7th





Don and I traveled to Savannah this past weekend to watch Madison's debut in the Novice Division. She rode well and won the class! Not bad for her first time up in this division!
So proud of her!

The Bees won high point team again for the day, but UCF was close behind - trailing only by 3 points on the day! This weekend the Bees are making the long trek to south Florida to compete, and Don and I will be there to cheer them on! I am planning to take some homemade donuts to share with the team. I have never made donuts before, so I figured I'd better give it a go before Friday.  Today I made the allrecipes.com Apple Cider Glazed Donuts, and they turned out great!

Ready to Rise!
I didn't have apple cider on hand, so I subbed in apple jelly. The glaze is yummly, but I think it would have more apple flavor with the apple cider, so I will use that next time.  I also think the jelly made the glaze very sticky! haha  But who cares - they are full of apple-y deliciousness!

Ready to EAT!!

Thursday - Leftover or order a Pizza night
Friday - Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches and French Fries (Chicken breasts with bones is on sale this week at Publix and so is Fresh Pineapple - be sure to buy it already peeled and cored - it is the same price as a whole pineapple)
Saturday - We will be down south for a horse show, so we'll catch dinner out after the show. Go BEES!
Sunday - Pork Marsala with Garlic Spinach & Mashed Potatoes (Boneless Pork Loin Chops are on sale)
Monday - Baked Ziti with a salad (Don mentioned he'd like something Italian, so... this is it)
Tuesday - Election Day! Get out and VOTE! and hop into Publix to pick up subs for dinner. Publix have their WHOLE ham subs on sale for just $4.99 this week! That is a great deal! Don't forget some chips! (NOTE: If you having steak on Wednesday, be sure to buy the steak at this time)
Wednesday - Steak night! Porterhouse is my favorite and they are on sale this week for $7.99/lb Enjoy a delicious porterhouse with a salad.  If you have any leftovers from the ziti, plan on having them on Thursday

Shopping List

Bakery
6 Hawwaiin bread rolls

Produce
1 lemon
1 lime
fresh pineapple (already peeled and cored - it is on sale this week!)
salad (BOGO sale this week)
fresh spinach
red onion
yellow onion
yukon gold potatoes
2 cups sliced mushrooms
garlic

Dairy
butter
milk
1.5 cups sour cream
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
grated parmesan cheese

Spices
salt
pepper
garlic salt
garlic powder
oregano
olive oil
cider vinegar
teriyaki sauce
all-purpose flour

Misc
1 pound dry ziti pasta
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
Marsala Wine (I prefer sweet Marsala, but dry will work too)

Meats
3 bone-in and skin-on split chicken breasts (on sale this week)
1 pound lean ground beef (on sale this week)
1 pound boneless pork loin chops (on sale this week)


NOTE: I didn't add the steak night ingredients to this list as I will buy that on Tuesday when I run into Publix for subs and chips

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the donuts with us at Foodie Friends Friday. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >