It was Delicious...
So the hubs said "I wonder if you could make a strawberry cake just like this but with chocolate?"
hmmmm....What do you mean "you wonder"? This, my friend, was a challenge!
Just that little bit of doubt in his voice got him the cake he wanted as soon as the lemon cake was gone - which was the very next day because it was so tasty we couldn't stop eating it!!
The Strawberry Bundt Cake Drizzled with Chocolate Glaze was a hit! Don loved it!! This cake is moist and full of strawberry deliciousness!! It is easy to make too, and it didn't last long either! We are cake monsters!!
Strawberry Bundt Cake Drizzled with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Strawberry cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a 10 inch fluted bundt pan.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 eggs, 1 cup peach nectar, and 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake in pre-heated oven about 45 minutes or until the top bounces back when lightly pressed. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully run a butter knife between the pan and the cake to loosen and remove cake from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- When cooled, use a handle of a wooden spoon to make small holes in the top of the cake so the chocolate will drip down inside the cake.
- To make the glaze, combine 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup in a small saucepan. Heat over mid-low heat until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix until combined. Drizzle the warm sauce over the cake allowing the chocolate to get down inside the holes. Enjoy!
Yield: 10-12 Servings
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Tags: cake, dessert, chocolate, strawberry, box cake mix