Aug 8, 2012

Kiwi-Lime Pork Ribs



Another delicious recipe from my favorite website!

I think my family was a bit skeptical about this recipe, but they LOVED it! and best of all it was super easy!!

Madison wanted me to pair this with coleslaw, but I didn't get out to the grocery early enough to make the slaw. Also, I really felt with the sauce in this recipe would be too much sweetness (hard to believe I just typed that - can there be too much sweetness??). So, I opted for sauteed garlic baby spinach with mashed potatoes, and it was a winner! The flavors paired perfectly!

Because I can't leave well enough alone, I did adjust some of the seasonings in this recipe to suit our tastes


Ingredients

  • 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 (3 pound) package country-style pork ribs

Directions

1.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2.
Blend kiwis, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, salt, chili powder, cornstarch, and garlic in a blender until thickened into a sauce. Be sure to taste it and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
3.
Place pork ribs in a baking dish. The sauce will increase in volume, so be sure you use a baking dish with some depth.
4.
Drizzle blended kiwi sauce over ribs.
5.
Loosely cover ribs with a sheet of aluminum foil.
6.
Cook in preheated oven until pork reaches 140 degrees F. Check the temp around 45 minutes and remove when up to temp. Let rest for at least 5 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>