August 30th - September 5th


Madison is all moved into her new place. I did end up having to stay a couple days longer due to some serious plumbing issues that we found on Sunday, as well as the bad weather in FL on  Monday.  

It was quite a trip, but Madison is happy to be back at school and ready for another great year.  I can't wait until I can go back to visit or meet up with her at the first horse show of the season. Looking forward to getting the show schedule so I can make plans!!

Here are some pictures from our weekend

Almost there!



  

Nothing fancy, but it sure is a nice size! Lots of room!


 


Today at work a couple of my coworkers and I decided to start eating a low-carb diet, so my meal plans are going to be quite boring for a little while. I'll still check in with Publix for the sales, but I will be looking for proteins mostly and then pairing them with a salad.  My poor husband - he is going to miss his rice and potatoes as well as his sweet treats in the evenings.  We are officially starting on Monday.  Wish me luck!!

Thursday - Tonight is a leftover night in our house. I made a couple of easy chicken recipes these past 2 nights and we have quite a bit leftover that I don't want to go to waste. I'll be sharing those recipes soon - they are great for a quick and easy dinner in a pinch!!

Friday - Roast Chicken with a salad  (Split Chicken breasts with skin and bones is on sale this week at Publix for $1.99/lb.  This is perfect timing for my low-carb diet!  I will be stocking up on these and keeping them in the freezer)

Saturday - Stir Fry Pork with Ginger (Boneless Pork Loin Chops are on sale for $3.99/lb) I'll serve this over rice for Don, but I will skip the rice to jump start my low-carb eating. Be warned this recipe serves 2, so if you need more be sure to adjust the servings on the recipe and add the extra ingredients you need.

Sunday - Ribeye Steak with a salad (Ribeyes are on sale for $6.99/lb) The recipe calls for Porterhouse, but you can sub in any kind of steak - just be sure to adjust the cooking times as needed

Monday - Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger with a salad. (Ground chuck is on sale this week) These burgers are so good. I will forego the bun which will reduce the carbs to just about nothing!

Tuesday - Broiled Parmesan Tilapia (scaled down to serve 4) with a salad

Wednesday - London Broil with a salad or maybe some fresh steamed green beans.  The day before prepare the london broil by scoring it on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and marinate in your favorite Italian Dressing overnight.  Be sure to remove the london broil from the fridge a couple hours before cooking to let it get to room temp for more even cooking. Broil it for 5-6 mins on each side. Use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. I like to remove it from the oven when it reaches 120 degrees F. Then let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice thinly and enjoy. If you like it more done (don't make it haha) you will want to take it out at 125 or 130 degrees. Any higher of a temp and this will not be very edible in my opinion.

Shopping List

Bakery
Burger buns for hamburgers (if desired)

Produce
2 avocados
1 bunch of cilantro
1.5 teaspoons fresh ginger root (small piece about the size of your thumb)
garlic
green onions
jalapeno
6 limes
2 onions
1 tomato
lemon juice
Salad bags x2 (Fresh Express are on the BOGO sale this week at Publix)

Dairy
Butter
Monterey Jack Cheese (4-6 slices)
Parmesan Cheese (1/2 cup)

Spices
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Celery Salt
Basil
Onion Powder
Sugar

Other
Sesame Oil
Vegetable oil
Rice Wine Vinegar
Mayonnaise
Soy Sauce
Italian Salad Dressing
Ice
Pepsi Products are on sale for buy 2 get 2 free this week!

Meats
2 lbs lean ground chuck (on sale)
1 package boneless pork loin chops - on sale (about 1/2 lb)
1 lb Tilapia
Split Chicken Breasts on sale for ($1.99/lb) stock up on these
RibEye Steaks (2 lbs)
London Broil (on sale)










2 comments:

  1. Great post Marion! I am excited,you have some yummy meals planned!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'm excited too! We can do this!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >