Orzo Pasta with Spinach and Parmesan is super easy, super delicious, and super impressive! It is also very versatile - you can change it up easily to suit your needs.
I like how I can make this dish as is for a delicious side to just about any protein, but we have also enjoyed this orzo pasta dish as a vegetarian entree.
Sauteed mushrooms are a nice addition, as is chicken to have a delicious all-in-one meal!!
Check out my Fall twist on this recipe! Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta
Tip: If you are in the market for a good quality set of cookware be sure to check out the Emeril PRO-CLAD Tri-Ply I love this set! When I needed a set that works on my induction, I did a lot of research and settled on this set. It is wonderful and very durable! It has just about everything you need and is of great quality! It is made by All-Clad, but this is a more affordable version of All-Clad. You get all the quality without the pain in the pocket! When you make a mess in the pan, just be sure to have some Bar Keepers Friend® on hand. That will keep these shiny and new for years upon years!
Orzo Pasta with Spinach and Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 14.5 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons chicken base such as Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat and add 1 cup orzo. Stir until lightly browned. Add 14 ounces of water and 2 teaspoons chicken base and bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- While the orzo is simmering it is a good time to prepare the spinach. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add 10 ounces of baby spinach and a pinch of salt. Saute until wilted. Set aside until orzo is done.
- When orzo is done add the spinach and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mix well. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. The Parmesan will add some saltiness to the dish, so be sure to give it a taste to ensure you don't add too much salt!
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 mins.Cook time: 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi with Orzo by Grumpy's HoneyBunch
Garlic Parmesan Orzo Primavera by Flavor Mosaic
Grilled Greek Chicken Thighs with Lemon Parmesan Orzo by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
A few more by Life Tastes Good - You can never have enough orzo recipes <wink>
|Sun Dried Tomato Basil Orzo|
|Garlic and Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Veggies|
|Serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu|