Slow Cooked Chili



Chili in June? in Florida? Have I gone MAD?  I don't think so, but you never know... I decided to whip up some chili this week because my family LOVES it, and the sausage I use in the chili was on a great sale this week!  I did summerize it though - I reduced the chili powder by 1/2 so it wouldn't have near as much heat.  I think it turned out great - Don had 2 big bowls, and Madison is looking forward to having some when she gets back from TN!


Ingredients

  • 1.5 to 2 pounds Mild Italian Sausage
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I use the garlic, basil, & oregano)
  • 2 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (garlic, basil, & oregano)
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder in warm weather. I use 2 tablespoons when it's cold out
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Sour Cream

Direction

In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.




 Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. 

I like to use a slow cooker liner to make clean up a snap!


Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese if desired.



Recipe inspired by: Slow Cooked Chili











2 comments:

  1. LOVE chili in the summer...with a fistfull of cilantro and cool sour cream...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm not the only crazy! I am right there with ya on the cilantro, but was fresh out! Which is so sad because it is one of my favorite things and so yummy in the chili!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >