Jun 26, 2012

Grilled Shrimp Tacos





I really liked this recipe. It is easy, quick, and delish! This makes for a great combo after a busy day! Don wasn't gaga over it - he liked it, but he would have preferred to have some rice with it.  Honestly, he could eat rice 24/7! Unlucky for him I am not as big a fan of rice as he is... Don't get me wrong I like rice, but it kinda ruins a recipe I classify as easy and quick. It takes too much time to cook and it means another pan to clean - no thank you! There was no pan to clean with this meal and I wanted to keep it that way!

I pretty much made this recipe as stated except I didn't grill the shrimp for several reasons, but the most important one was TS Debby! The weather has truly been gloomy for DAYS! The wind was whipping so much today - I thought the rockers on the porch were going to take flight!

So how did I make the shrimp you ask??  I broiled them - easy peasy! I lined a baking sheet with foil (double line for an even easier clean-up) and put all the shrimp on there. Then I brushed them with the marinade and broiled them for 3 mins - moved them around a bit and broiled them for 3 mins more.  DONE! and no pan to clean because I just rolled up the foil and tossed it!  My kinda clean-up!  Remember when broiling to leave your oven door ajar or you will burn those little shrimps and that would be sad!


 Note: The Publix where I shop does not carry the Dole Salad Kits, but I did find it at Winn Dixie

Another great shrimp recipe to try is found on my friend's blog - The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch: New Orleans BBQ Shrimp













2 comments:

  1. Wow, did someone say S.H.R.I.M.P?? You have my full attention. Your flavor-layer is fantastic in this recipe. Making this one for sure!! #shrimp #tacos #trainerapproved

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>