Another yummy al fresco All Natural Sausage recipe. As with all the other recipes we have tried, this one is easy and economical. I used a red wine I had on hand, and spent under $10 for the remaining ingredients.
I added sliced mushrooms to the recipe because I love them <<smile>>
Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage with Tomato Cream Sauce Over Linguine
- 1 (12 ounce) package al fresco All Natural Pre-Cooked Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, with juices
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves for garnish (optional)
- Begin cooking linguine in boiling salted water according to package directions. Cook until al dente. Drain.
- While linguine is cooking, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup chopped onions and 1 cup sliced mushrooms. Saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and cook, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 3/4 cup dry red wine, 1 can diced tomatoes, sliced sausage, 1 teaspoon fresh oregano and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Boil until reduced a bit. I recommend doing this to taste. When it tastes right to you then you can reduce the heat and add 1/2 cup cream and cook for one minute.
- Portion cooked linguine onto 4 warm plates or pasta bowls. Spoon sausage/sauce over pasta. Sprinkle each with Parmesan and garnish with fresh oregano if desired.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Italian, Sausage, Chicken, Cream Sauce, Tomato, Pasta, allrecipes.com, al fresco chicken sausage
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Grilled Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage with Tomato Cream Sauce over Linguini