Apr 17, 2012

Donut Muffins



Back to the hospital this afternoon. Sadly I didn't have time to make the S'mores cupcakes, so I made the next best thing Donut Muffins!



These tasty little morsels are soooo easy to make!  But be careful the batter doesn't have eggs, so you might be tempted to eat too much!!  If you do,  you will for sure get a bellyache! Of course, I'm just guessing about that!
I wouldn't know that from experience! NO!




I adapted this recipe from the Allrecipes Donut Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 

Topping
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon




Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
  2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the sour cream and milk, then mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full. I use a cookie scoop to measure out the batter.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.







You might also like this recipe from The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch for Baking Donuts! These look amazing!!


2 comments:

  1. These were sooo YUMMY!
    I may or may not have accidentally eaten too many of them. Oops! I just couldn't help myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe. So glad to participate in the Surprise Recipe Swap with you! I look forward to making more of your yummy-looking recipes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them! My daughter calls them "crackcakes", and I can't be alone with them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>