A new twist on s'mores! Who doesn't like s'mores? I don't know of anyone! The only problem with s'mores is you need a campfire to make them. This limits how often you can enjoy the chocolaty, sticky deliciousness a s'more offers.
Until NOW! In the spirit of full disclosure I do have to admit I wasn't a fan of this recipe at first, but the day after I made it I fell in LOVE! It just needed a night in the fridge to let all the flavors mingle. I highly suggest you make this up a day ahead and then serve it at room temperature the following day.
After I made this recipe I thought it might be better with those cute little mini-marshmallows, but I quickly changed my mind. I think this makes a much nicer presentation! Did I mention how EASY this is to make? SUPER easy! Kids of ALL ages will enjoy.
*TIP: Be sure to watch it closely under the broiler. Remember when broiling you always leave your oven door ajar. Brown them to your liking and then remove.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Chocolate Ganache S'mores
- 14 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1 (10 ounce) package of large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crush about 14 whole graham crackers and combine with 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix until evenly moistened and press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven about 5 minutes or until the crust is lightly toasted.
- Prepare Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe and pour evenly over the graham cracker layer.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place an even layer of large marshmallows on top of the chocolate and broil until the marshmallows are lightly toasted - about 1 minute. Remember when broiling to leave your oven door ajar and watch carefully!! It will burn quickly if you aren't paying attention.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least until chocolate has hardened. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
recipe adapted from allrecipes Chocolate Ganache S'mores